Wednesday 13 February 2013

I have signed up to a creative writing class again, this will be my 6th or 7th class in as many years. I love it. I have always been a lover of stationery,pens and papers and coloured ink and folders and paperclips. i love stationery shops, and catalogues. I love the idea of having my whole life organised into beautifully coloured folders with coordinating inks labelling every little piece, keeping it neat and rainbow regular.
The reality is I am a stationary loving clutter bug who rarely organises anything and almost never writes , apart from in class.
I had coffee this week with two girlfriends  both working mums like me. One of these ladies raises her two young children alone all week as her husband works away and is only home one night of the week. She runs a business from her home and has found time to write a book !! I needed a kick and this was it .
http://www.smudgeillustrationbelfast.com/

A little every day, even if it is crap, is better than nothing.


2 comments:

flowers on my table said...

I checked out your link and then realized it was the girl from St.George's market. Her stuff is adorable, and how she finds the time I don't know! Linda x

TraceyS said...

she amazing. I love her work